|Photo Credit: Man Crates|
I recently took a quiz online to find out how long I'd last in a horror movie and I came out as First Blood. It didn't mean I was the first kill, it meant I was the first one to die gruesomely so an example could be made of me. The funny thing is, I just retook the quiz with the same exact answers and it said I was the Final Girl meaning I made it all the way through. In other words, I'm not sure how accurate the quiz is.
For Halloween, Man Crates has put together a Zombie Annihilation Crate to make it through a Zombie Apocalypse. Man Crates is a company that puts together unique and original gifts for men in a wooden crate that even has to be opened with a crowbar. How awesome is that? Anyway, can I just say really quick...if there was every a zombie takeover, I think I'd die immediately. I am so unbelievably terrified of zombies and the idea that one screw up in science could make it happen that I think my heart would just stop beating right there. I wouldn't be able to process it. Between that quiz I took and it being Halloween soon, I thought it would be fun to participate in this horror movie business and create my list of five things to include in a horror movie so I could make it through to the end. Here we go!
1. My best friend Yeni because she is my partner in crime. We can survive anything together, I'm sure of it. Between my paranoia and her very strong state of mind, we have the perfect balance. I expect the worst, she determines when I'm being ridiculous or when I have a point. To top it off, if this were being filmed for entertainment we'd be a hit. Seriously, a box office smash.
2. A portable phone charger. This one I'm stealing from Man Crate's "Horror Film Survival Strategy" because it's a good one. There are two phone issues that typically lead to trouble in a scary movie. The first is no service but considering I would never, under any circumstances, find my self in a remote area, it doesn't apply to me. The second is the low and ultimately dead battery. That's an easy fix if we all carried around portable chargers!!! I'm investing in one right now because this post is making me paranoid (obviously).
|Photo Credit: Google Images - Crazy Town Blog|
3. An escape route. We have got to have a reliable escape route. Honestly, this would probably depend on the movie or situation. If we were in the city avoiding a serial killer or, god help me, zombie apocalypse, I know just what I'd do and where I'd go. Put me in a haunted house, I'm done for. Yeni would have to take the lead there. I'd be an absolute wreck.
4. A bad ass axe like Buffy used in the final season. Why? because it's the ultimate weapon to kill anything. It has a wooden stake to take care of vamps and stab anything else that moves. The blade is silver (hopefully) which would kill werewolves and the thing could easily bash in a zombie's brain. In regards to anything human, you're totally covered. My advice would be to burn all the bodies to be safe though. I mean, I hope there's only one thing after us but you never know.
5. Xanax or something of the sort. I'm convinced that the most paranoid of the bunch are the ones that die. Yeni wouldn't need this but if I were in a horror movie, I think a Xanax would take my paranoia down just enough so that I could be the perfect partner in crime. I'd still be slightly paranoid which is good for awareness but I wouldn't be in a hippy-like, everything's fine mood hat would definitely lead to my demise.
So what about you? What are the top things you'd want to include to help you survive a horror movie?
I also had to include this little fun bit from Man Crates. They created 10 Commandments of the Horror Film World and I just about died laughing while reading them especially because #1 is so typical me.
|Courtesy of Man Crates|